Each child has a divine beginning and an eternal destiny. We help him or her on that journey.
As a Catholic School we aim...
• to build a community based on Gospel values: love for God, love for one another, and respect for oneself, others and all of creation;
• to place Jesus Christ at the centre of our school life, in our relationships with each other, in our work and play, in all that we try to do.
• to provide the children who attend St Marie’s School with an education that will fulfil their spiritual, moral, intellectual, physical, social and emotional needs;
• to help our children to strive for the highest academic standards.
• to encourage our children to think for themselves, to have confidence and to make informed choices.
• to embed in each child a love of learning that will last a lifetime; to experience excitement in discovery and wonder in the world that God has created;
• to help each child acquire knowledge, understanding and skills from a range of curriculum experiences
• to encourage children to respect and tolerate each other, to realise that everyone is equal and must be treated with dignity;
• to help children to appreciate their achievements and efforts, and those of others, through giving and receiving praise and recognition;
• to help our children develop a concern for others, particularly those less fortunate and needy.